What we do
In addition to working with all our partner organisations to manage the impact of the coronavirus outbreak in Newham, NHC is focusing on the following priorities in 2020:
- Providing support and development for our member practices.
- Providing support and services to the Primary Care Networks in Newham.
- Continuing to provide services at scale that make sense to be provided across Newham.
Our Integrated Care System (ICS)
NHC has already established good working relationships with our health and social care provider partners in Newham. This includes Barts Health NHS Trust, East London NHS Foundation Trust and the London Borough of Newham’s Social Services but also the wider group of NHS providers.
We support Networks to develop their joint work with these providers through liaison with the Borough over relationship of neighbourhoods with Primary Care Networks - supporting the work of Social Prescribers and delivery of the national service specifications in the DES - as well as working with partners in the Newham Integrated Provider Partnership (NIPP) on how to align services with the Networks:
- The redesign of Community Health Services to align community nursing and therapy teams with Primary Care Networks – the Building Healthier Communities (BHC) programme.
- Discussions with LBN’s social services about Care Management teams being organised around Networks.
- Specialist input from Newham University Hospital to support care in the Networks.